[sclug] DVD writers

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:40 UTC 2003

Quoting Derek M Jones (derek at knosof.co.uk):
> All,
>
> I see that the July issue of PCW have a review of DVD writers.
>
> Does anybody have any tips on which vendors not to avoid, ie
> they don't have Linux driver support?

The DVD writer of choice is allegedly the Sony DRU500A.  I've not been
able to find one for sale anywhere for the last few months though, and
last time I looked at ebay they were going for more than retail[1].

James

[1] Not entirely surprising.  The number of people willing to pay grossly
    over the odds for utter tat on ebay never ceases to amaze me.  Next
    time I'm a bit short of cash I might try selling some used sellotape
    and a few dried-up ballpoints.