[sclug] HELP X Mandrake 9.1

lug at assursys.co.uk lug at assursys.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:41 UTC 2003

On Sat, 31 May 2003, Scott Rixon wrote:

> Here is my Log.. There is some stuff at the bottom about the mga driver.
> It has a Matrox video card..

I don't think those "drm symbol unresolved" lines are relevant as I'm sure
I've seen them before with a working (albeit non-MGA) configuration -
they're unresolved until the appropriate DRM kernel modules get auto-loaded,
IME. If you're getting the gdm login screen, then I expect what I've said is
especially true (it shows X is working)

What happens if you boot to runlevel 3 (or whatever is "multi-user, network
enabled, but no display manager" on your distro) and run 'startx' as the
affected users. What about as root?

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?