[sclug] RHCE exam guides

lug at assursys.co.uk lug at assursys.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:43 UTC 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Mark Smiles wrote:

> hello all,
>
> I'm just started looking at  RHCE exam guides as my company wants me to
> go  get the badge for this. What good exam prep guides can you recommend
> ? Also if you have some books you used recently  to pass the exam, i
> would consider buying these off you you for a reasonable price.

I haven't been through the RHCE process, but I bought Osborne/McGraw Hill's
RHCE Linux Study Guide (ISBN: 0-07-212155-6) to see what was in it. Looked
like the most comprehensive to me. It also includes CD with an HTML version
of the book and an ActiveX self-test (d'oh!)

It looks like it was last updated 1 October 2002 as ISBN 0-07-222485-1

I think learning the ins and outs of RPM and Red Hat's initscripts and
/etc/sysconfig stuff would probably be most useful to passing the exam. Plus
all the network service packages, of course. ;-)

> Mark

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?