[sclug] SCO vs The Universe

lug at assursys.co.uk lug at assursys.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:43 UTC 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Leon Ward wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > I dont know if everyon else on the list has been following
> > SCO's lawsuit
>
> Its hard not to!
> For those out there who don't read /. (if any exist) they posted a link to
> this today.
> I cant guarantee if it is real etc etc but someone claims to have seen both
> bits of code
> w/o signing a NDA.
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10013

Here's a nice strike back at SCO:

<http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10018>

"I've granted everyone the right to sell, distribute and use my work under
the condition that they obey the restriction of the GPL. The GPL requires
that a work that is based on a works that is licensed under the GPL must be
put under the GPL. I've never authorized any other use of my work.

This means that your distribution of the above given file, and any sale of
OpenLinux 3.1.1, is not authorized by me and infringes my copyright."

> -Nard

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?