[sclug] Monitoring a P2P appliacation

Patrick Kirk patrick at kirks.net
Sat Oct 25 09:05:44 UTC 2003

You may call me a thicko or weener but the fact that the man page for
tethereal has 702 A4 pages (that's 41959 lines consisting of 87723
words) has reduced my powers of concentration to those of the common or
garden goldfish.

Lets not mention that man libpcap and man tcpdump are both needed before
even starting man tethereal :-()  And neither of those could be called
bedtime reading for weeners either.

So, does anyone know how I can write a filter file that captures all
data of tcp port 6346 to 192.168.0.5 and outputs it to a file called
phasar.log which will be no larger than 50MB.

--

Best regards,

Patrick Kirk
Mobile: 07876 560 646