[sclug] teTeX 2

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:45 UTC 2003

Latexers,

I assume that all you latex folk are using teTeX?

I was hoping to have some of my latex problems 'fixed'
by using version2.  But can report that teTeX 2 appears
to maintain compatibility with version 1 (i.e., my problems
persist :-(

Those interested in getting the latest version can find
the source at (I built my system from source):

ftp://dante.ctan.org/pub/tex/systems/unix/teTeX/2.0/distrib/

(you need to run 'texhash' after 'make install' and adding the
appropriate path).

You can get the rpm's from:
http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/rh9/tetex/

although there do seem to be some odd dependencies with
1.07 executables.

derek

--
Derek M Jones                                           tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                            mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk