[sclug] library problems

Christopher West chriz_w at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:45 UTC 2003

I have a problem with the gl libraries for my debian (woody) machine when
installing celestia form source (1.3.0).
when doing the './configure' and its pulled up some problems with the
libraries, it says:
checking for GL/gl.h... yes
checking for glNewList in -lGL... no
checking for glNewList in -lMesaGL... no
so i try to install the mesag-dev library but it tries to deselect all the
x-windows, nvidia and other libraries that run my x11 system.
The question i was asking was, how do i find the precise library that
celestia wants and if it is the mesag-dev library how do i get the system to
run with x11,
thanks, chirs