[sclug] Members Home pages.

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Sat Oct 25 09:05:46 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 05:30:45PM +0100, pieter claassen wrote:
> Why not go for something like Zope? Lots of products and easy to
> manage.

Zope is an application server for python stuff isn't it?  phpnuke is an
application.

This is not like with like :)

> Not sure about the security though.

Can I humbly suggest people work out /what/ they want from an SCLUG site
before saying "Look we could use <insert whizzy technology of the moment
here>[0]".

Personally, I don't really look at the site as everything happens on the
list or at meetings (which are announced on the list).

Maybe once we get an idea of what people expect from the site then we'll
have a better idea of what to use.

I don't know what the restrictions on the site's current hosting
location are either.  Has anyone thought/asked about that?

Simon

[0] Oh and my personal technology of the moment is Wikis and has been
    for a while ;)

--
... <seamonkey> ca suxx irssi y'a pas le autojoin
    <Yeiazel> ca sux seamonkey y'a pas l'anti-imb?cilit?s