[sclug] Home wireless lan

Tim Sutton suttont at onetel.net.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:48 UTC 2003

Hi Bob

Thanks for the (very detailed!) reply. All the pcs on the network will running
linux except for our friend who is coming to stay who has xp. So for linux I
can just defined a static ip address for each nic and set them up manually on
each pc?

Can one specify mac address restrictions in ad-hoc mode, or will I need to set
up iptables rules to limit who can jump onto my cable connection?

Many thanks

Tim

- --
Get my public keys from: