[sclug] Freenetname - ADSL - Smoothwall

John Statham john.statham at iname.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:51 UTC 2003

Hi

I know that a couple of years ago, several of us signed up for an account with a free domain name with Freenetname. I have been happily using their dialup service via a Smoothwall box for some time but it now looks like ADSL will be comming soon to an exchange near me.

Does anyone have any experience to share regarding Linux / Smoothwall / IPCop and Feenetname's ADSL offering. I emailed their support but the mention of Linux seems to have thwarted an answer.

I don't know if they supply a router/ADSL modem for the ?70 connection charge but if so, is it easily supported ?

TIA

John

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers