[sclug] ultimate ftp security

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:54 UTC 2003

All,

Clever me created the ultimate in ftp server security
a while ago.
Trouble is I now want to ftp to the machine that does not
appear to be accepting ftp connections.

I have checked the obvious host deny (telnet works anyway)
and /etc/inetd.conf entries.  They all seem to be in order.

I seem to recall Linux (may be RedHat specific) having some other
configuration file that enabled all incoming traffic to be switched
off; which is what I recall clever me using (which makes me wonder
why I can telnet to the box, but I did upgrade to RedHat 9 some months
ago).

Any suggestions, obvious or otherwise, on how I might get some
ftp server support back would be most welcome.

derek

--
Derek M Jones                                           tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                            mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk