[sclug] Cheap low-end servers

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:54 UTC 2003

David,

>So, can anyone suggest where I might be able to get a new server? Cheap,
>small, quiet, low power.

I got a well spec'ed machine very cheap at PC World :-O

The secret is to locate where they are selling off their remaindered
old equipment.  Mine consisted of a single box (I walked out of the shop
with the computer under my arm).  A bit of on-line searching located
the manual set and drivers available from the manufacturer for ?6.
I already had all the necessary cables and things to plub into it.

derek

--
Derek M Jones                                           tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                            mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk