[sclug] Gnome 2.4 hiding desktop icons

Tim Sutton t.sutton at reading.ac.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:55 UTC 2003

Hi all

I decided to install Gnome 2.4 the other day on my Debian box to see how the
'other half' lives (I am a self confessed kde junkie :-). It looks pretty
nice barring a couple of niggles (like ok defaulting to button on right
rather than left :-( and the gnome terminal being nowhere near as nice as
konsole). One thing I cant see how to do is how to hide the desktop icons - I
like a 'clean desktop'. I suppose I could just chmod a-rwx ~/Desktop but
there must be a neater way?

Cheers

--
Tim Sutton
BDWorld Middleware Programmer

Web     :   www.bdworld.org
Phone  :   +44-(0)118-378-6052
Email    :   t.sutton [at] reading.ac.uk
(email preferred method of correspondence)