[sclug] Kernel panics on RH 8.0 on Dell 360's

John Bray home at jrbray.org.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:55 UTC 2003

A pair of Dell 360's I've configured with RH 8 and our software passed
their FAT with flying colours last week, but each one has locked up
twice over the last week with flashing Caps Lock and Scroll Lock keys. A
Google suggests this is due to a kernel panic.

There is nothing in /var/log/messages to say what went wrong. I'm
running xconsole and xterm -C to try and spot any more kernal messages
before they occur. Is there anything else I can do to log the problem?

John