[sclug] Help SCSI errors

lug at assursys.co.uk lug at assursys.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:55 UTC 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Scott Rixon wrote:

> My main mail server has a few errors scrolling up the screen! (see
> below)
>
> It has 2 hard disks in a software mirror and two tape drives. How can I
> tell which scsi0 is? I guess one of the harddisks has an issue.
>
> Oct 19 04:10:04 greenflag kernel: scsi0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr
> = 0x8
> Oct 19 04:10:04 greenflag kernel: scsi0: Data Parity Error Detected
> during address or write data phase

Isn't scsi0 in this context just the first SCSI host adaptor?

Try looking into use the smartmontools
<http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/> to get drive health statistics via
S.M.A.R.T.

As far as debugging goes, I'd check that termination etc. is OK, then try
borrowing new cabling and a new controller in that order.

> Cheers,
> Scott

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?