[sclug] NTL have caught up with me

Ian Michell ian.michell at hanzi.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 15:58:11 UTC 2004

Chris Aitken wrote:

>>>Just received a letter from NTL telling me
>>>that net.ntl.com is going away in July.
>>>I cannot complain, I have been getting a 600K
>>>cable modem connection for only ?2 more than
>>>the 150K price (I am one of their early customers
>>>and they carried on charging me at the old rate).
>>>Loosing my home email address is a bit of a pain though.
>>>

>1. What is net.ntl.com
>

>>>If I have to loose my email address I might as well look
>>>around.  Does anybody have any suggestions?
>>>
>>>  o keep quiet and see if they carry on billing me for the
>>>cable modem service only...
>>>
>>>  o try and get a discount because I am already wired up and
>>>bought my own cable modem...
>>>
>>>  o convince them to supply me with a
>>>http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.php?prodID=174
>>>as my 'free' cable modem...
>>>
>>>  o go elsewhere...
>>>

>>Well as everyone knows, I have a 1MB link through NTL and I have never
>>had a problem
>>

>2. I didnt know you had a 1Mb link.
>
>:)

Damn! I knew I did something wrong!!! I was supposed to gloat :P (just
kidding). hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, oh well, NTL aren't bad they are getting
better, as long as they don't much about. One thing I do know (from
someone I know who works in customer services, is that the home made
software they use is crap and that they hardly know what the hell is
going on half the time, so I would keep it quiet!).