[sclug] Question about HTML format e-mails

Neil Owens neil_o at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 2 21:57:32 UTC 2004

I'm curious about the utter contempt (I think this is correct) of HTML
format e-mail in the Linux community.

I'm generalising here, I know, but boy, do the Linux world not like it.

So, I guess that Linux mail programs don't 'do' html and you get to see the
raw html as well as the text(a PITA).  I'm just wondering why Linux mail
programs don't render html, if it's there.

I'm not advocating either method, I just notice the sharp responses HTML
formated e-mail produce from Linux mail groups and am wondering why.....

Neil