[sclug] make install

James Wyper jrwyper at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 20:50:10 UTC 2004

Yes.  You DEFINITELY need gcc, and whatever else the system reports as
missing until ./configure runs cleanly.  You probably won't need cc and
cl as I think these are alternatives to gcc (the ./configure script is
supposed to adapt the Makefile to whatever *nix environment is running;
this includes not-free systems which sometimes have cc instead of the
free gcc).

You may find some other essential stuff missing because it's very rare
for a distro not to install make and gcc as part of the standard setup.
 But once the configure script runs without any errors then make
install should be OK.

Good luck!

James.