Re: [sclug] anyone want to build a simple website for £100?

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Sun Dec 12 22:19:16 UTC 2004

Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:53:36 +0000
> John Stumbles <john at stumbles.org.uk> wrote:
---8<---
> I know someone who will produce a five-page website for ?250, which I think
> is a good price (for a professionally designed website). I can get you
> details on request, and pointers to his work. I think if your friend is
> serious about getting business via a website then a budget of ?100 is
> unrealistic.
>
> Keith

Depends on the market: if the image is important (e.g. hiring marquees
direct to the toffs for posh weddings) he'll prolly do better with a
swish design, and have to pay appropriate dosh for it. If he's hiring to
the outdoor-events trade then something that conveys the basic info
should do. (In each case, modulo getting the search engine hits, though
possibly less important for the latter as more of his business may be
personal contacts.)

Also if he's starting up on his own then ?100 is a big outlay for
something which is a bit speculative as to whether it's going to get him
results. If he finds it useful he can always pay for a better design later.

Anyhow thanks for the info: I'll pass it on and he can decide what he
wants/can afford.

thanks

--
John Stumbles                                      mobile 0780 866 8204
plumbing:heating:electrical:property maintenance     home 0118 954 2406