[sclug] editing kernel parameters in grub

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 13:35:28 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Major Stuart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using grub, can anyone tell me how to change the
> boot parameter to 'pci=noapci'?

Tom Chance told you how to do this on the 17th.

If you want to set pci=noacpi permanently ('pci=noapci' is not a valid
option, though it's often confused with the 'noacpi' option, due to their
superficial similarity), then edit /etc/grub.conf as root and append the
option to the 'kernel' line for each kernel entry for which you wish it to
apply.

> Thanks for your help, Stuart.

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?