[sclug] All this Debian chat...

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Wed Feb 4 18:54:50 UTC 2004

On 04 Feb 2004 18:48:17 +0000
Scott Rixon <scott at green-flag.com> wrote:

> I want an IMAP server with a web front end as well.. Recommendations?

Dovecot is the fastest IMAP server on the planet (and very reliable,
despite it being pre-V1). Running it here. However, you may want to use
Courier, which is OK. Web front end: I like Squirrelmail.

> I am also going to install Spamassasin (working on my Redhat box at
> the moment)
>
> Any thoughts/comments on some virus software???

clamav is Open Source, worth using. f-prot is free for non-commercial
use. Glue them to Spamassassin and your favourite MTA (I prefer Postfix)
with amavisd-new.

Keith