[sclug] Finally I am going to get broadband!!!

Ian Michell ian.michell at hanzi.co.uk
Sat Feb 7 18:10:23 UTC 2004

Well, something worth moving for, just had a look at a new house in
Wokingham, very nice, very new too! The good thing is that I can get 1MB
cable and up to 2MB ADSL. If all goes according to plan I will be moving
there in March!!! :)

Now the question is: Should I move everything to NTL or shall I use
ADSL, I am not worried that BT will offer 2MB adsl over NTL's 1MB I am
more concerned as to who is better (bt = BT and others), as NTL offer a
flat rate on phone calls as well as a really stable connection for about
?59 all in all. BT on the other hand charge per minute and ADSL could be
expensive too???

Well tell me what you guys think -> NTL or BT ;) Mind you I am very
heavily considering NTL as my phone is done through NTL freedom at the
moment and I used to be a cable customer too.

Ian