[sclug] Installing Gentoo

Ian Michell ian.michell at hanzi.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 13:10:29 UTC 2004

Simon Huggins wrote:

>On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 11:33:18AM +0000, Ian Michell wrote:
>

>>Well, here it goes! I am now tired of Debian and other binary distros, I
>>have already done the Linux from scratch, now its time to play with
>>Gentoo. At the moment I am bootstrapping :) so in the next couple hours
>>I will get to the next stage hopefully!!! :)
>>

>In a few months you might even have a full system!  How exciting!  :-p
>
>Simon.

Speaking of having a desktop in a few months!!! MY GOD I am still doing
the base strap, been going since 11:45!!!!!!!  Hopefully I will get a
fully working system (just console) by the end of today, then I will
tackle GNOME! when I get back to work tomorrow (well I will just
download all the sources today if I have time and compile them all at home)