[sclug] Debian - Packages that are not listed?

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 23:35:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Scott Rixon wrote:

> > Which RAID? If you only need two disks for mirroring, you could do it in
> > software.
>

> Problem is my PII266 only has an ATA33 controller.. I need ATA100/133 to
> see bigger than 137gb! You forget how quickly hard disk technology has
> changed!!

I believe that's a BIOS issue, rather than anything else. Alternatively, I
have a hunch that as long as you install the kernel/boot loader in <137GB,
Linux should still be able to address the rest of the disc.

> Scott

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?