[sclug] Evolution and GPG.

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Sat Jan 17 18:31:13 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 04:58:43PM +0000, Tom Dawes-Gamble wrote:
> OK so here is the problem.  Someone sends me a message that is pgp
> signed. If I know them i.e. I have their pgp key I click the icon and
> I'm told if its a good signature.

> If I don't know them I get bad signature.  However, what I really want
> is for Evolution to generate the a gpg --search-key to get teh key
> from a server and add it to my public key ring.

No idea about evolution but gpg will automagically grab keys on demand
if you add lines like:
keyserver the.earth.li
keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve

the.earth.li is wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net although you should probably use the
latter I guess.

Simon.

--
[ After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.               ]