[sclug] PGP Singing page.

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at tmdg.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 17:27:17 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 16:26, Roland Turner wrote:
> Tom wrote:
>
> > http://www.sclug.org.uk/pgp_signing.php
> >
> > Any comments before I all a link into the menu and Home page?
>
> The gpg2keyps script looks as though it should be used by the co-ordinator to generate the consolidated submitted keys page to be distributed for the meeting, rather than be used by each participant.
>
> Given the smallish number of people involved, perhaps we should simply invite would-be-participants to post their public key information directly to this list; this allows anyone to act as co-ordinator without the need to set up aliases, etc.

No the co-ordinator should use the  party-table.pl script. See:-
http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html

I changed the script so that output looks like.

http://www.sclug.org.uk/partyform.html

So the co-ordinator prints that table hopefully with more keys than that
:-)  and distributes copies to each person. So we only have one piece of
paper to hang on to not a whole bunch.   Of course everyone
needs to bring the Key Id / Fingerprint so they can verify the
co-ordinator put the right key on the form.

Of course if Simon and I are the only ones taking part we could use
the out put of gpg-key2ps.  Note: Simon hasn't said he is taking part
yet.  :-)

So it's just Raz and I so far.  But you don't seem to have a key on the
servers. :-(

Tom.

--
main(int c,char **v){long x;while(--c){sscanf(*++v,"%li",&x);
printf("Decimal = %ld\nHex = 0x%lx\nOctal = 0%lo\n",x,x,x);}}