[sclug] Mandrake FTP Install

Graham Balharrie graham at hollymoon.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 17:37:46 UTC 2004

Hey people,

I'm trying to install mandrake (9.2) via the network using the FTP
install floppy which you can rewrite off the disk.   I've got all the
cd's unpacked in the right place onto a winblows box, with WarFTPD
installed, allowing guest users to read/execute and list the dir
contents of all the folders and files etc.

The installer seems to find the ftp server, etc. and then stops when it
says "Please wait while probing serial ports."
now, if I check the FTPD log, it has a HUGE list of "Client is connected
to the FTP Server"  after this event. also if I change views with the
F-Keys on the client box, it says "Error reading from
/mandrake/base/patch-***.pl   (sorry couldn't read those three letters
quick enough) and then just keeps saying "FTP login failed, sleeping
then trying again."  OVER AND OVER..

Anyone got any helpful ideas?

Thanks,
Graham