[sclug] I've made a start.

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at tmdg.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 10:42:30 UTC 2004

Roland Turner said:
> Tom wrote:
>
>> I guess it will take a while yet.  So far it's pretty painless.
>>
>> But then you knew that right?
>
> Particularly the "so far" bit :-)
>
> - Raz

And then it all fell to bits. :-(

I left it cooking over night and it got to the bit where
it puts lilo in place.  (disappionted it's not grub) then it
turned hostile.  Rather than talk about /dev/hda it talks about
/dev/ide/blah/blah/blah.  So I go with the flow and just press
return.  :-)

It rebooted then barfs about no network.

Game over.

I'll have to reload fedora to work out the incantation for
/etc/modules.conf

Unless anyone knows which module drives a Zircom 100/10 pcmcia card.
It obviously manged to work out how to drive it during loading so
why the problem in normal mode?

Tom.

Tom.

--
There are 10 sorts of people in the world.
Those that understand binary and those that don't