[sclug] Making sense of VNC's docs..

Nard nard at nardware.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 11:44:38 UTC 2004

Short and simple ;-)

 - rfb -

nard at Goldfinger:~$ apt-cache show rfb
--snip--

 Like the xvncserver package, x0rfbserver exports an X display using
the  RFB protocol.

 Unlike xvncserver which creates a virtual X11 display to export,
x0rfbserver  actually exports the display it is run in... just like the
windows VNC server.
 Also included are rfb utilities to capture and replay RFB data streams,
and  a vnc viewer.

Hope this helps,

-Leon