[sclug] Need help! I had a power cut!!

Simon Heywood simon at triv.org.uk
Thu Jul 15 20:36:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 08:34:37PM +0100, Scott Rixon wrote:
> < green-flag.com #5.0.0 X-Postfix; can't create user output file.
> Command output:    procmail: Renaming bogus mailbox
> "/var/spool/mail/scott" info    "/var/spool/mail/BOGUS.scott.NDgD"
> procmail: Couldn't create    "/var/spool/mail/scott" procmail: Lock
> failure on "spamassassin.lock"    procmail: Suspicious rcfile
> "/home/scott/.procmailrc" procmail: Couldn't    read
> "/home/scott/.procmailrc">
>
> I have removed the .procmailrc and can't find a spamassassin.lock.. So
> now I am stuck.

Hmm - I see several archived mailing list posts mentioning this problem
but none yielding a solution.

Have you checked the permissions / ownership of all relevant files and
directories?

/home/scott/.procmailrc (although you say you've removed it)
/var/spool/mail
/home/scott/.forward

In particular, the 'Suspicious rcfile' message seems significant. What
were the contents of that file?

S.