[sclug] Linux Firewalls and ADSL

Smiles, Mark Mark msmiles at agere.com
Tue Jun 8 17:56:40 UTC 2004

Hi Chris,

I've been tracking this for a while since we cannot get DSL to my
company premises (being in the middle of nowheresville). Finally the
alternative of Broadband Ethernet on the supply mains is now available
Southern Electric after a long wait.
http://www.southern-electric.co.uk/broadband

I don't know what your price budget is (looks slightly more expensive
than the average DSL)but this runs with 1:1 contention ratio as opposed
to the 50:1 ratio you typically get with DSL. May be worth a look and
the service can't be worse than the BT's and NTL's of the world.

Regards,
Mark