[sclug] Exim + Amavis-ng - Now building modules!

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon Mar 8 18:31:12 UTC 2004

Hi Scott,

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 09:47:43AM +0000, Scott Rixon wrote:
> Thanks... But I didn't build a whole new Kernel.. I just used the source
> code to build the single module.. Is that going to work?

Hrm.  I think it depends how separate the module is.  You might get away
with it (though obviously you haven't :))

> I have build my own kernel before.. But I don't think I need to?

I'd say the easiest thing is to, yes.

You might be able to get away with compiling just that module up using
some magic or other but I've never really investigated it fully always
just building a single module up in an already built tree (i.e. compile
a full kernel, install it, realise I need something else at a later date
and compile up that module).

You should find the config for your current kernel in /boot if you've
only used stock kernels before.

You should probably read the Kernel HOWTO

Simon.

--
* <pessoa> par definitions, les alcoviens sont les gens qui         *
| transforment du caf? en logiciel libre :))))))))                  |