[sclug] Maildir help

Scott Rixon Scott at Green-Flag.com
Thu Mar 18 22:35:22 UTC 2004

Hello all....

I need some help.....

I have my Debian (Woody) box setup so Exim sends mail to the Maildir
directory, which works fine....

I then create a .procmailrc file in my home directory with nothing more than

VERBOSE=off
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/
LOGFILE=$HOME/.maillog

And then the mail ends up in /var/mail/scott

Why! I had some rules created.. But have cleared them out and it still
does it... Rename the file and it all stops... It's driving me nuts... I
thought the trailing / was meant to tell procmail to use maildir.. So
why does it end up in /var/mail/scott? Is there a master procmail file
somewhere???

Help!!

Scott