[sclug] Just a hello

James Packham mrjadeo at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 21 13:54:09 UTC 2004

I had upgraded it from RH9 and lost quite a few things in the process -
I can't remember exactly what now, because I've since moved away from
it.

Losing Galeon (this is to do with Mozilla libraries apparently) and
Webmin were particularly annoying. It's not really a big problem,
because if you really want these things you can just install from
source, but this can obviously be time-consuming.

I doubt FC2 will expand greatly over what comes with FC1, although some
> things like ALSA packages will be no longer necessary.

Yes, Kernel 2.6 will be a very good feature/improvement over FC1!
Especially if (like me) you have a funny* SCSI controller, which isn't
supported by 2.4 :)

~James~

* what I really mean is cheap