[sclug] Wireless Broadband in Slough and Windsor areas

James Packham mrjadeo at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 24 09:20:28 UTC 2004

Roland Turner wrote:

>> The problem that James refers to applies to any access
>> provider; if the upstream bandwidth/user ratio is too
>> low, then users will perceive both a drop in bandwidth
>> and an increase in latency.

Yeah, I'd just like to point out that this is an experience I have
generally had from the smaller service providers. I admit larger
providers can also be susceptible to this, but in my experience smaller
providers  seem  to suffer more.

Personally, I blame porno - maybe these ISPs should be sending out free
CDs to tackle the problem ;)

Regards,

James

--