[sclug] Pci / USB card for Suse 9.1

Tony Sumner whittycat at ntlworld.com
Mon May 24 14:29:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 02:28:38PM +0100, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced usb (=preferred) ...

I have two: an Actiontec 802U13 and a Netgear MA111. Both contain a
Prism2 chip and respond to the linux-wlan-ng driver. The OS is RH 8.0
but I don't see why SuSE shouldn't work the same way. To be honest I
haven't yet installed linux-wlan-ng on the PC with the Netgear card
(why do they call these things cards?) but I don't expect trouble.
I guess you could get either from G-squared. Or Computer Care South,
which is on the 17 bus route, opposite Andrew Carnegie's library.

Good luck

Tony Sumner