[sclug] GNU on handhelds

erik.chakravarty at accenture.com erik.chakravarty at accenture.com
Fri May 28 16:01:05 UTC 2004

Just thought I'd let you all know I'm now running Familiar Linux 0.72 unstable on my iPAQ and it's working pretty well.

I got connected using PPP over serial through my Debian box, routing traffic through with iptables, so I was able to upgrade to the latest kernel etc.

My todo list:

Work out how to get Targus Stowaway keyboard kernel module installed/loaded
Find out if I can mount an SD card, and if so how... I know MMC is supported but there may be problems with SD - Graham?
My WiFi / bluetooth is built in and the latter seems to work nicely, but I've not had the opportunity to try the WiFi yet.

Either get multisync for Evolution for syncronization and make it work, or just use my IMAP server to grab mail.

Erik