[sclug] September meeting + Linux Day

Simon Heywood simon at triv.org.uk
Wed Sep 15 15:11:55 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 12:05:02PM +0000, Tom Dawes-Gamble wrote:
> This is the automagic meeting reminder.  The next meeting of the
> SCLUG will be at the Back of Beyond Pub in Kings Road Reading this
> Wednesday at 19:30.

Oops. Spam, indeed.

I think that's the first meeting I've missed in a long time. I believe I
was having dinner next to the lake in Como, Italy at the time, so I have
a good excuse. :-)

I hope you all had a good evening. Was Daniel around to take minutes?
Did Damion improve Wetherspoon's cheesecake sales? And, more
importantly, was there any discussion of Linux Day?

On the subject of the latter, I noticed a few more entries in the 'who's
turning up' bit of the wiki page [1]; keep them coming! I've also
acquired some bits for a nice new mini-ITX system (finally I have a
desktop box), so I'll be bringing that with me. I've been in touch with
some people at the University who've agreed to try and get together at
least an Internet feed and some hi-fi equipment, and possibly some
drinks if we're lucky. However, we're still in need of some publicity.
The Tyneside lot did a nice poster [2] for their event - do you think
something similar would be okay? We could post copies in town; there
must be notice boards for this sort of thing.

S.

[1] http://wiki.earth.li/SCLUGLinuxDay2004
[2] http://www.triv.org.uk/~simon/stuff/lugpostera4.gif