[sclug] xmms

Major Stuart stuartmajor at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 19:15:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

Does anyone now the default settings for xmms saving
.wav files to my home directory?  It was saving them
to file:/home/spookie/wav.  I foolishly changed them.
Oops!
Also how do I save with the artist name, album name,
track name and filetype?
I am very new to digital music and is a .wav the same
as a .mp3?  Can I get xmms to save in .mp3 format?
How do I do this?

Thanks, Stuart.

Am running Suse 9.0 with kernel 2.4.21-243-athlon
Would like to use Amarok but can not as yet find rpm.
Also would like to use Suse 9.2/3 (any good?) and...
KDE 3 something but not quite ready to do all that,
perhaps another Linux User Day?