[sclug] how to get into administrator mode on kde control center under kubuntu?

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Tue Aug 9 10:51:40 UTC 2005

Spiros Kapetanakis wrote:
> On 09/08/05, John Stumbles <john at stumbles.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>Will Dickson wrote:

>>>Use your own password; your sudoers privs should suffice.
>>
>>That didn't work when I posted, but for some reason it did later. I
>>wonder if it was because I'd been doing a dist-upgrade at the time.

> No, you can be sudo in more than one place, e.g. you could sudo
> updatedb and sudo apt-get update at the same time on different
> terminals.

I meant that I wondered if updating stuff at the same time as doing
stuff with the stuff being updated might pants stuff up.

(s/stuff/something-meaningful/ as appropriate :-)

I wouldn't expect that since AIUI *n*x systems can generally walk and
chew gum at the same time, but maybe there are limitations.

cheers

--
John Stumbles