[sclug] VPN Help Not Needed any more. :-) Well sort of.

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at weardale.cl
Sun Aug 14 10:37:17 UTC 2005

I fixed the problem.

The trick was "ipsec auto --status"

It reported that the VPN was

 PrivateLAN===ROUTER---ROUTER....Draytek====PrivateLAN

I obviously have something wrong in the DNS since I was using FQDNs.

I re did the IPCop config using IP Addresses rather than FQDN and BINGO
everything worked.  :-)

Now   "ipsec auto --status" shows

 PrivateLAN===IPCopRed---Router...Router---Draytek===PrivateLAN

I can now ping the remote private addresses on the remote Private LAN
and traceroute them too.  (Without the -I :-)

All I need to do now is sort IPCop Wireless VPN and I'm sorted.  I'm
just having problems with the Windows IPSEC not starting.  I think Chris
did a note on how to get that working so I'll investigate that next.

Regards,
Tom.
Those that understand Binary and those that don't.