[sclug] Small hosting requirement

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Wed Aug 17 10:50:20 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 10:27:29AM +0100, Matt wrote:
> * Simon Huggins <huggie at earth.li> [2005-08-17 10:11:40]:
> > Once you have a serial console and power cycler you're pretty much setup
> > with a colo box.  If you can get serial BIOS so much the better or if
> > you're rich you can buy a Sun and get proper Lights-off-management.
> > Some prebuilt PC servers have LOM cards which all work to various
> > levels.
> PC Weasel?
> http://www.realweasel.com/

Or a variety of other devices that let you VNC to your VGA ports etc.  I
know they all exist but they all tend to be expensive.

If you have a power cycler and a serial port you can fix most things
that don't require a visit anyway.

Simon.

--
oOoOo truth in search engines#4: do you mean "kill my coworkerS"?  oOoOo
 oOoOo                   -- http://www.ntk.net/                   oOoOo