[sclug] Bizarre IMAP problem

Roland Turner SCLUG raz.fpyht.bet.hx at raz.cx
Thu Aug 25 11:39:27 UTC 2005

Darren Davison wrote:

> (installs (t)ethereal..)
>
> I assume the VPN encryption will have no impact on the info requested..?
> I'll post the results as soon as I have them.

Interesting point. I had in mind the datagrams _inside_ the VPN, which
will normally be some virtual interface (i.e. not eth0). A correlation of
the two would of course be interesting, but short of doing "-i any",
difficult to construct.

Do check out

- the movement of bulk data in the same direction (towards you) via other
protocols

and

- local Ethernet problems (the unplug/replug and check dmesg suggestion is
a good one)

first.

- Raz