[sclug] Oki printer needs repairs

Graham lists at Information-Cascade.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 15:20:13 UTC 2005

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:58:55 +0000
> From: Neil Haughton <n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com>
> Subject: [sclug] Oki printer needs repairs
> To: sclug at sclug.org.uk
>
> Can anyone recommend a local place that can repair my OkiData 4W laser
> printer? It's suddenly started printing half a page (it stops printing
> quite cleanly halfway down a line of text, then blank for the rest of
> the page).
>
> It's got a new toner cartridge, so I'm a bit bemused.
>
> Regards,
>
> Neil.

How much will the repairs cost? (Other than charity donated labour)

The way that it goes blank exactly halfway down (or so)
might mean that a memory chip is loose, or a CPU address line is out.
You might try reseating all the chips, boards and connectors

The price of a new laser is #50, 2000-page toner #40, P+P to make #100
(but I have no idea which is best per-page value).
http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=11472
BUT 2M is only enough for 300 dpi - unless it has internal compression

--
   Graham
   gps @ Information-Cascade .co.uk