[sclug] Re: sclug Digest, Vol 27, Issue 5

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Mon Dec 5 20:52:06 UTC 2005

Graham wrote:

> I know nothing about X10 boxes,
> but I am an expert in living with a faulty CH + thermostat.
>
> I decided not to bother, but the thermostat is something like 3 wires
> - Always-Earth, Always-Live, Demand-Feed-LIVE,
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Errr, that's Neutral! (OK so it should be more-or-less at earth
potential but earth is a protective conductor, not a normal
load-carrying one.)

> On an unrealistic wish list, I'd like to get info from the boilder,
> such as when it is burning hi/lo flame, pump is on (it continues
> after demand + flame are off), and water demand (auto detect bath + bed cycle)
> so that I could calibrate its metrics and behaviour against other things,
> to develop better programme-cyles.

Some boilers (I think MAN is one, possibly Keston) do give you this sort
of info.

--
John Stumbles                                      mobile 0780 866 8204
plumbing:heating:electrical:property maintenance     home 0118 954 2406