[sclug] Samaba question

Tim tim at holmes.name
Tue Dec 6 10:41:53 UTC 2005

Hi all
I have a small and probably stupid question about XP and Samba.
I am trying to log on to a samba server from XP and although I have a
'tim' account on the samba server it wont log on. It reflects back
TRANQUILITY\tim - tranquility being the name of the windows machine.
Looking through books and the web there is the implication that I need a
machine Id added to the samaba server, but this connection was working
before I left to Egypt without a machine account on the Samba server.
Any thoughts ?