[sclug] How to start a LUG?

Damion Yates damiony at is.bbc.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 15:38:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Alan Pearson wrote:

> </Lurk>
> What about Maidenhead ?
> Hint hint !!

There are about 16 people in our building who use Linux.  I dragged a
fair few one Wednesday to Reading a while back and pretty much
outnumbered everyone, but now we make up between 2-4 regulars on the
monthly meetings.  I tried to contact people from the linuxcounter
website and setup a Maidenhead LUG but decided it was far too time
consuming.

In answer to several of the queries about multiple LUGs, it's really
not that easy to motivate yourself to travel miles to somewhere if you
can avoid it when the public transport is so bad.

I've now got a car that isn't a complete banger so have decided
driving to Reading isn't quite as bad as I'd initially thought.

Thanks,

Damion

--
Damion Yates - email: Damion.Yates at bbc.co.uk - phone: +44 (0) 1628 407759