[sclug] The SCLUG survey !!!

Damion Yates damiony at is.bbc.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 11:48:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Alan Pearson wrote:

[snipped]

> I'll check to see if HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR is set and if not check
> REMOTE_ADDR.

I believe our apache servers convert X-Http-Forwarded-For: in to
X_HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR as an environment variable not
"HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR" as mentioned above.  Of course you'll be printing
%ENV while debugging to work this out anyway, just thought I'd add.

For the BBC (now Siemens) people who may vote (is anyone adding the
email votes or do I need to vote again?) we're likely to need this
code as we only have a small set of outgoing proxy IPs and I know our
proxy software does sent the HTTP header X-Http-Forwarded-For.

Thanks,

Damion

--
Damion Yates - email: Damion.Yates at bbc.co.uk - phone: +44 (0) 1628 407759