[sclug] Accelerated graphics on 64 bit linux ?

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 15:06:43 UTC 2005

Heya Martin -

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Martin Summers wrote:

> I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this little problem......
>
> I have been trying to get the accelerated graphics working on a Dual-Xeon
> EMT 64, with nvidia Quadro 1300 graphics working with either 64 bit SuSE
> 9.1 or 64 bit Redhat WS 3 update 4. I have tried 4 different versions of
> the nvidia x86_64 driver with various SuSE 9.1 kernels (nvidia driver
> versions 1.0-5332, 1.0-6106, 1.0-6111, 1.0-6629 ). I have only tried
> Redhat WS 3 update 4, 64 bit default kernel so far.

You might well want the unofficial patches from
<http://www.minion.de/files/1.0-6629/> or
<http://www.minion.de/files/1.0-6111/> respectively. Apply all of them to
the nVidia kernel driver source tree, in alphanumerical order.

If that doesn't work, you may also need to patch your kernel with
<http://brcha.objectis.net/Projects/Kernel/nvidia-brcha.diff>. I realise
this will trash any hope you have of getting support. :-(

Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?