[sclug] Local rc file on Debian

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Wed Jul 13 11:16:48 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 08:56, Roland Turner (SCLUG) wrote:
[...]
> Work your way through the boot process and find where the setting of
> keyboard maps keeps its configuration.

Unfortunately this is not a keyboard map issue. This is the level below that,
where the kernel reads AT keyboard codes and maps them into standard
keycodes; the keyboard map then maps the keycodes into keysyms. Changing the
keymap file doesn't help me.

[...]
> As above, don't modify an existing script, add a new one.

That does seem to be my least-bad option, but it's still not very pleasant...
I'm suprised to discover that Debian doesn't have a rc.local equivalent.

[...]
> You've read/skimmed stuff at http://www.debian.org/doc/ and notably
> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html, right?

Yeah, but there's just so much stuff there that it's hard to find anything
specific...

--
+- David Given --McQ-+
+- www.cowlark.com --+